At Palterton Primary School we operate a policy of Learning at Home
. Most weeks there will be spellings to practise. We also strongly encourage the practice of mental arithmetic skills and daily reading.
- Reading Records: All children throughout the school have Reading Record books to encourage daily shared reading. Please add comments about any reading time you share reading time.
- Homework Books: Each class has homework set on a Friday for the week. This can be found in your child's homework book.
- The school signs up to Purple Mash for additional fun material to help with your child's homework and information. Purple Mash is our online learning platform, your child should have a user name and a password, if not, please ask their class teacher.
- Each year in Summer we take part in the Reading Challenge through Derbyshire County Council. Your child is encouraged to complete a reading challenge and after receive a certificate.
- Each Term a whole school homework challenge is set that we share with the rest of the school on our return after the holidays.